Chef Keoni's Homemade Smashburgers recipe.
Join us every Wednesday from 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm on Zoom as he demonstrates how to make delicious recipes. He’ll share tips, tricks and step-by-step instructions and you’ll be able to pick his brain, ask questions and get his answers in real time too.
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 8 ounces top sirloin with fat
- 8 ounces chuck with fat
- Salt and pepper, as needed
- Alternate: use 1 lb. of 80/20 ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1-1⁄2 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 16 dill pickle chips
- 4 slices ripe tomato
- 4 fresh iceberg lettuce leaves, sized to fit the bun
- 4 slices deli-cut American Cheese or your favorite cheese
- 4 potato buns or burger buns
- Softened butter, as needed
Serve with your favorite chips or fries
You can take this base burger anywhere you want… change up the cheeses, add bacon, caramelized onions, mushrooms, bbq sauce…have fun!