Join Chef Keoni in his home kitchen as he demonstrates how to make Creamy Ahi Dip and Steamed Clams in White Wine, Garlic, and Butter.
Ingredients and Instructions (Serves 4):
Creamy Ahi Dip
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Yamasa shoyu
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Japanese sushi pickled ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 pound ahi #2 grade, chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped to medium peak
- Additional green onion slices, togarashi and pickled ginger for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, mix mayonnaise, shoyu, lemon and lime juices, pickled ginger, cilantro, sesame oil, sesame seeds and green onions. Combine with the ahi.
- In another bowl, whisk cream until medium peaks form. Gently fold whipped cream into other ingredients.
- Garnish with additional green onions, togarashi and pickled ginger. Serve with focaccia, potato chips or lavosh.
Steamed Clams in White Wine, Garlic, and Butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine like sauvignon blanc
- 2 pounds of Manila clams, rinsed and cleaned
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Optional: pinch of chili flakes
- Crusty baguette
- Heat olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until garlic is fragrant but not burned.
- Add wine and increase heat to medium-high until wine is brought to a simmering boil.
- Add clams and cooked covered for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until clams have opened. Discard any clams still closed.
- Add in butter, parsley and chopped parsley and give the pot a quick stir.
- Transfer clams and broth to a large serving bowl, serving with crusty baguette on the side.
Note: Directions are meant as a general guide. Chef Keoni may improvise slightly during class.