Join Chef Keoni in his home kitchen as he demonstrates how to make Sweet Bread French Toast with Marinated Strawberries, Omelets and Lilikoi Mimosas.
Ingredients and Instructions:
Sweetbread French Toast with Marinated Strawberries
Sweet Bread French Toast
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 6 each 3/4 inch slices of Portuguese sweet bread or brioche or cinnamon raisin bread
- Combine the eggs, cream, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg in a large bowl, then place in a 9x13 pan or baking dish.
- In a preheated skillet or fry pan, swirl in some butter.
- Working a few pieces at a time, take the bread slices and lightly press into the custard mix then flip, allowing the custard to be soaked in, but not completely soggy. Then place in the skillet and cook, flipping when the bottom side is golden, approximately 4 minutes total.
- Reserve in a warm oven.
- Serve the French toast lightly dusted with powdered sugar and the berries on the side.
- 1/2 pound strawberries, de-stemmed and quartered
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ounce gran marnier or chambord
- Combine the ingredients and reserve.
Ingredients (per one drink):
- 3 ounces passion orange juice
- 3 ounces prosecco or other dry sparkling wine
- 2 raspberries for garnish
- In a champagne flute, pour in the passion orange juice.
- Top with the prosecco and float with the raspberries.
Ingredients (for one omelet):
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, cracked into a small bowl and beaten
- Salt and pepper
- Fillings of choice, approximately 3 tablespoons worth (tomato, mushrooms, cheese, bacon, etc.)
- Preheat a 6 inch non-stick pan to medium high, place the vegetable oil in the pan and swirl.
- Add in the eggs and using a wooden or silicone spatula, swirl the eggs to allow them to cook.
- When the eggs are starting to set, stop swirling them, season with salt and pepper, then lay the fillings across the center of the eggs perpendicular to the pan handle.
- Gently fold the top third of the egg over the fillings (from the pan handle side) and then roll the egg out onto a plate. Garnish with herbs, salsa or cheese.
Notes: Directions are meant as a general guide. Chef Keoni may improvise slightly during class.
Your ingredients are just a click away!
Click here to shop online for this recipe with
Tune in to Home Cooking with Foodland every first Wednesday of the month from 5:00 – 6:00 pm.
Click here to register.