Join Chef Keoni as he fires up the grill as he demonstrates how to make Sesame-Marinated Certified Angus Beef® T-Bone Steaks, Grilled Kimchee and Korean Spicy Green Onion Salad.
Ingredients and Instructions:
Sesame Marinated T-Bone Steaks
- 2 each Premium Choice Certified Angus Beef T bone steaks, 1 inch thick
- Garlic salt or your favorite seasoning salt, as needed
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- ½ lemon
- Season the steaks with salt, sesame oil and juice of the lemon.
- Let is marinate for 15 minutes.
- Grill to your preferred doneness.
- 2 cups kimchee
- Squeeze kimchee to remove extra liquid. Save liquid.
- Oil the grates on the grill. Place the kimchee on the grill. (if the kimchee has small pieces, use a grill grate or basket)
- Once the kimchee has nice charring, remove and re-season with liquid.
Korean Spicy Green Onion Salad
- 8 stalks green onions, finely shredded, soaked in ice water
- 1 tsp roasted sesame seeds
- ½ tsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp gochugaru red pepper powder, or other hot red chili powder
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 ½ tsp soy sauce
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- Combine sesame seeds, rice vinegar, gochugaru, sesame oil, soy sauce and sugar. Mix well.
- Drain the green onions and remove excess water. Combine with the dressing.
Notes: Directions are meant as a general guide. Chef Keoni may improvise slightly during class.