Asparagus with Bacon, Tomatoes and Spring Onions
4 slicesorganic bacon, cut into 1/4" strips
1⁄2 cupbaby spring onions or pearl onions, peeled, cleaned and blanched for 3 minutes
1 bunchtender spring asparagus, thick stem removed and cut into 2" pieces
1⁄4 cuporganic chicken broth
1⁄2 cupbaby grape tomatoes or one vine ripened tomato, cut into 1/2" pieces
1 tablespoonsherry or rice wine vinegar
- In a medium sauté‚ pan, heat on medium high, cook the bacon until the fat renders out and it becomes lightly crisp.
- Add in the spring onions and allow them to start to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Toss in the asparagus and add the chicken broth.
- When the chicken broth has reduced down to almost dry, add in the tomatoes.
- Finish with the vinegar, salt and pepper.