Classic Turkey Dressing and a Li Hing Pineapple Cranberry Sauce
Classic Turkey Dressing
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium sauté pan, sweat bacon, ham, and ground pork.
- When cooked through, add in onion and celery. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add in parsley, green onions, water chestnuts, and poultry seasoning.
- Combine cooked ingredients (with fat) with the bread and fold.
- Moisten with butter and broth to taste, and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Place in an ovenproof pan and bake for 45 minutes covered.
- For a crisp top, uncover the stuffing for the last 15-20 minutes of baking.
Li Hing Pineapple Cranberry Sauce
- In a pot, combine 2/3 of the cranberries, pineapple, ginger, juice, sugar, and anise. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- When sauce is slightly thickened, stir in the remaining cranberries and cook for a few minutes. Turn off heat and add seedless li hing cherries, and mix well.
- Remove the ginger and star anise and place in refrigerator to chill.