Creamed Kale with Bacon
2 poundskale, center stalks removed
4bacon, cut into 1/2 inch dice
1 cupchicken stock or broth
1 cupheavy cream
1 teaspoonground nutmeg
- Cut the kale pieces into 1/2-inch strips.
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, add in the bacon and allow the fat to render out, approximately 2 mintues.
- Add the kale, and stock.
- Cook until the stock is evaporated and then add in the cream and nutmeg.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes, or until the cream has reduced and thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.