Fried Local Onions with Creamy Kochujang Sauce
2Local Yellow Onions or White Onions (peeled and sliced into very thing rings )
2 cupsbutter milk
2 tablespoonsprepared kochujang sauce
2 teaspoonsrice wine vinegar
3 cupsAP flour
2 tablespoonsground pepper
2 tablespoonsgranulated garlic
3 cupsvegetable oil, plus more as needed
- Combine the onions and buttermilk and allow to sit overnight.
- Combine the mayonnaise and kochujang sauce and mix until incorporated. Refrigerate.
- Combine the flour, salt, ground pepper and granulated garlic.
- Place the oil in a pot (ensuring that you have a 3 inch depth of oil) and heat to medium high heat.
- Prepare a platter lined with paper towels.
- In small batches, take onions, remove excess buttermilk and dredge in the seasoned flour.
- Remove excess flour and then fry until golden brown. Drain.
- Continue in small batches until all the onions are done.
- Serve with the creamy kochujang sauce.