Green Beans with Sesame, Red Chili and Garlic
1 poundgreen beans, cleaned
3 tablespoonssesame oil
2red jalapeños, seeded and sliced 1/16 inch
3 clovesgarlic, sliced paper-thin
- Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil, add salt, and blanch the green beans for 3 minutes.
- While the beans are blanching, heat a pan to medium high with the sesame oil.
- Add in jalapeño, garlic, salt and pepper. (The jalapeño and garlic should sizzle but not burn.)
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain green beans and add to the pan.
- Toss for 1 minute, then plate.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.