Grilled Chicken with Rhubarb
6Boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves
1 tablespoonfresh lemon juice
1 teaspoonfresh or dry thyme
2 cupsfresh rhubarb diced 1/2" thick
1 tablespoonorange zest, grated
1⁄2 cuporange juice
1 teaspoonfresh ginger, chopped
1 teaspoonjalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
2shallots, minced or 1/2 cup minced onion
3 cupsfresh strawberries quartered
2 tablespoonsfresh basil leaves, sliced
- Preheat the grill.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Marinate with lemon juice, thyme, and oil.
- Marinate for at least 1 hour, or for best results, overnight is recommended.
- Place all compote ingredients except for 1 ½ cups of strawberries, 1 cup of rhubarb, and basil in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, stirring every so often for about 10 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Cool for 5 minutes then stir in the basil and the remaining strawberries and rhubarb.
- Grill chicken about 6 minutes per side.
- Serve with rhubarb compote and wild rice.