Lemongrass Lobster Satay with Lime Curry Sauce
- Combine all ingredients for marinade. Mix well and reserve.
- Remove shells from lobster tails.
- Cut lobster meat evenly into thirds lengthwise.
- Skewer lobster meat with bamboo skewers and marinate in Lemongrass Marinade for ten minutes.
- Preheat grill and bring temperature of coals to low. Preheat broiler if grill is not available.
- Clean and oil the grill or broiler pan.
- Place marinated lobster skewers over the cooler part of the grill. Be careful not to burn the skewer sticks.
- Turn skewers occasionally until the lobster is fully cooked, about 5-8 minutes.
- Serve with warm Lime Curry Sauce.
- Garnish with cilantro and basil leaves.
Lime Curry Sauce
- In a medium size sauce pan, combine sesame oil, ginger, garlic, onion, curry powder and turmeric.
- Lightly toast all ingredients for 2 minutes on high heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove and discard tough upper portion of lemongrass. Smash white bottoms.
- Add lemongrass and all remaining ingredients to toasted spices.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Remove lemongrass and blend sauce until smooth in a blender or food processor.
- Serve warm.
Soak the bamboo skewers in cold water for an hour or two to prevent them from burning.