Loin of Pork with Raisin Stuffing
- Saute bacon until crispy with celery and onions.
- Add butter, garlic, bay leaves, sage, nutmeg, cinnamon, white pepper, salt, garlic salt and raisins or dates. Stir briefly to combine.
- Add chicken stock and cognac, and stir to deglaze pan.
- Cook for about 3 minutes, then pour over bread crumbs in a bowl.
- Stir well to make sure all ingredients are combined.
- Cool slightly and remove bay leaves. Reserve.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Lay pork loin on a work surface and pound slightly to flatten.
- Salt and pepper both sides of meat.
- Spread meat with a layer of stuffing and roll. Tie in four places using butchers’ twine.
- Place seam side down in a roasting pan.
- Roast for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for 12-15 minutes before slicing.
Make pan gravy from the roast drippings by adding more chicken broth and scraping the pan down. Deglaze with more cognac, then thicken with a cornstarch and/or flour and water mixture.