Roy's Waikoloa's Paniolo BBQ Sauce
2 tablespoonssesame oil
1 tablespoonolive oil
3garlic cloves, sliced thin
5fresh ripe tomatoes, diced
3 tablespoonstomato paste
1 teaspoonfresh ginger juice
2lemongrass, finely chopped
1⁄2 cupred wine vinegar
1⁄2 cuplilikoi concentrate
1⁄4 cupbrown sugar
4smoked chipotles in adobo sauce
1 cupcilantro, chopped
1⁄2 cupgreen onions
- Heat both oils in a heavy bottom sauce pan on medium heat.
- Add garlic and shllots and caramelize until golden brown.
- After caramelizing is done, transfer all ingredients to a pot.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, ginger juice, lemongrass, red wine vinegar, lilikoi concentrate, brown sugar and chipotles to pot and simmer on low heat for approximately 1 hour or until 1/4 of the liquid is remaining.
- Stir often.
- Remove from heat and add the cilantro, green onions and basil.
- Using a blender, puree all ingredients together and season with salt and pepper to taste.