Grilled Lilikoi Chicken
Grilled Chicken Preparation
- Combine all above ingredients except chicken and mix well.
- Marinate chicken for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350° and set oven rack in the center of the oven, or prepare coal in hibachi. If using an oven, line a baking sheet or broiler pan with aluminum foil, then set broiling rack in place.
- Arrange chicken, skin side up, on the rack. Bake 15 minutes at 350°.
- Change oven to broiler setting. Broil chicken until skin starts to crisp and is caramelized, about 8-10 minutes. Turning is not necessary.
- Check to make sure the chicken is done, then remove from oven or grill.
- Brush the chicken with Chili Pepper Lilikoi Sauce and serve.
Chili Pepper Lilikoi Sauce
- On medium heat, combine all the ingredients except the cornstarch and water.
- Stir until combined and sauce starts to bubble.
- Blend cornstarch and water.
- Slowly pour cornstarch mixture into the sauce while stirring.
- Turn the heat down and simmer for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
For boneless, skinless chicken pieces, reduce broiling time to 4-5 minutes, or until brown.