Hamakua Mushroom Bruschetta
8 tablespoonsextra virgin olive oil
2large shallot, minced
4 clovesgarlic, minced
3 poundsHamakua mushrooms, chopped
4 tablespoonsfresh parsley, minced
2 tablespoonsfresh oregano, minced
2 loavessourdough bread
1 cupextra virgin olive oil
2 clovesgarlic, peeled and sliced (large clove)
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add olive oil.
- Add shallots and garlic.
- Sauté 2-3 minutes, then stir in mushrooms and herbs.
- Cook, stirring gently until mushrooms are almost done (about 3-4 more minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice 6 slices of bread ½’’ thick, cut in half cross-wise.
- Toast bread over a hot grill or broiler.
- Brush with olive oil, then rub with garlic while still hot.
- Top with mushroom mixture and serve.