Kakimochi Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 0.25 teaspoon Salt
- 0.5 cup butter, soft
- 0.5 cup white sugar
- 0.5 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Kakimochi (mochi crunch, arare, etc.)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Furikake to sprinkle on top (optional)
- Extra kakimochi to sprinkle on top(optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- Cream the butter with the sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla mix on low until well combined.
- Stir in flour mixture until incorporated.
- Stir in the Kakimochi and chocolate chips.
- Drop by level tablespoon or small scooper on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle furikake and/or extra kakimochi on top.
- Bake cookies at 350F for about 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and allow cookies to cool completely. Store cookies in an air tight container.