Join Chef Keoni in his home kitchen as he demonstrates how to make Kamaboko Dip and warm Crab Artichoke Dip.
Ingredients and Instructions (Serves 4):
- 1 block kamaboko
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup water chestnuts, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon hondashi powder
- Optional: furikake, to taste
- Grate the kamaboko using a box grater on the finest setting.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients and refrigerate.
- Serve with Ritz crackers.
Warm Crab Artichoke Dip
- 1 can artichoke hearts, chopped (not marinated)
- 1 (6) oz pouch lump crab meat, or imitation crab, shredded
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1 cup onion, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch or a few grinds of pepper
- 2 lemon wedges
- 1 baguette, sliced 1/4 inch
- Combine all the ingredients except the lemon and baguette. Mix well.
- Place in an oven proof casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
- Remove and squeeze lemon over the dip.
- Serve with baguette slices.
Notes: Directions are meant as a general guide. Chef Keoni may improvise slightly during class.