Message to Customers Regarding COVID-19
STATEMENT BY FOODLAND REGARDING MASK MANDATE
In light of improvements in COVID-19 case counts in Hawaii and at our company, and the changes in governmental regulations and guidance, Foodland will make the following changes to its COVID-19 policies, effective March 26, 2022:
- To align with the expiration of the state’s indoor mask mandate, customers will no longer be required to wear masks when shopping at Foodland.
- Employees and vendors will be highly encouraged to wear masks when working in stores but will no longer be required to do so.
Foodland will continue other employee health and safety measures, such as daily wellness checks for employees to ensure a safe environment for customers and employees.
WHAT WE CONTINUE TO DO AT FOODLAND TO KEEP YOU SAFE
Since March 2020 we have made many changes at our stores to help keep our customers and employees safe. We continue to evaluate our policies and make necessary additions and changes as the situation evolves and we learn more. Currently, this is what we do at all stores:
- Require employees to have their temperatures taken and pass a detailed wellness check before starting work. Temperatures cannot equal or exceed 100.4 degrees F. Employees must honestly answer “no” to all COVID-19 symptom and close contact questions asked on the wellness check.
- Advise employees to stay home if they are not well and to seek medical attention.
- Mandate that all employees self-monitor, speak up and go home if they are feeling unwell at any time during their shift.
- Enforce distancing at checkout by asking customers to stand behind lines marked on the floor.
- Install plexiglass barriers at checkout.
- Increase routine cleaning and sanitation of high-touch areas, including cart and basket handles, and other areas.
- Discontinue sampling in all departments. Poke samples may be provided by employees using gloves upon customer request.
- Discontinue self-serve stations (hot bar/cold bar, beverage stations, etc.). These items are now pre-packed.
- Continue to educate our employees and stress the importance of acting cautiously and conservatively when not at work by wearing masks when around others and avoiding closed spaces, close contact, and crowds.
- Provide delivery and curbside pickup service at 14 Foodland stores statewide so customers can order groceries online at home and not have to come into the store.
Please contact us at (808) 732-0791 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Mahalo for your cooperation and support.