Asian "Crab" Stuffed Mushrooms
- 2 large eggs
- 1 pound imitation crab salad (available in our seafood dept)
- 0.25 cup dry bread crumbs
- 24 large mushrooms (cap size about 2" across), stems removed
- grated parmesan, as needed
- lemon juice, for serving
- green onions, sliced, for serving
- Butter a 10" x 15" baking dish.
- Combine the eggs, crab salad and bread crumbs.
- Mix gently.
- Stuff mushroom caps with crab mixture.
- Mound mixture in center of cap and press gently to adhere.
- Sprinkle each mushroom with grated parmesan cheese.
- Arrange stuffed mushrooms in prepared dish.
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 375°.
- Bake until mushrooms begin to release juices, about 18 minutes.
- Drizzle with lemon juice, and sliced green onions.
- Serve hot.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Mushrooms can be made 1 day ahead.