Avocado Halves with Shrimp Salad
- Shrimp Salad
- 1 pound cooked shrimp, tails & shells removed
- 0.25 cup red bell pepper, small diced
- 0.25 cup green bell pepper, small diced
- 0.25 cup Maui onion, small diced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 0.5 teaspoon Salt
- 0.25 teaspoon white pepper
- 5 basil, julienned
- Chili Mayonnaise
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 0.5 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 can 4.5 oz. chopped green chilies
- Bread Crumbs and Avocados
- 0.25 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 2 large, ripe avocados
- In a mixing bowl, combine above ingredients.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain excess liquid before filling avocados.
- Mix all ingredients together, chill and reserve.
Bread Crumbs and Avocados
- Combine paprika bread crumbs and parsley. Mix well and reserve.
- Preheat broiler.
- Place each avocado on its side, with skin still on, and slice off a thin round portion so the avocado will sit levelly on the serving plate.
- Repeat with the opposite side.
- Each avocado will have 2 thin slices cut from each side.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise, then remove pit and discard.
- Fill each avocado with about ¼ cup Shrimp Salad.
- Cover Shrimp Salad with a thin layer of Chili Mayonnaise and bread crumbs.
- Place avocados on a baking pan in the oven. Broil until bread crumbs are brown, about 5-7 minutes.
- Place each avocado half on a bed of shredded lettuce and serve with extra Chili Mayonnaise.