- 4 apples
- 0.5 cup Brown Sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 0.333333 cup cranberry juice
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cut the top off each apple and then core and seed them, but do not cut to the bottom of the apple.
- Mix the brown sugar, nuts, raisins and cranberries and fill each
- Put one cinnamon stick in each and put a tablespoon of butter on top of the apples.
- Place filled apples in a buttered baking pan and add cranberry juice to the bottom of pan.
- Bake until apples are tender and soft, basting occasionally for about 35-40 minutes.
- Serve as soon as they come out of the oven with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.