A delightful and delicious classic
- 0.5 cup butter, salted
- 0.75 cup brown sugar
- 0.5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 large bananas, peeled and sliced into quarters
- 0.25 cup rum
- 0.5 cup banana liquor
- Vanilla Ice cream, as needed
- Heat the butter in a medium pan until melted.
- Stir in the brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Heat until bubbly and the sugar starts to lightly brown.
- Add in the liquor and allow the alcohol to cook out.
- Transfer the bananas into the bubbling sugar mixture and cook for about 3-4 minutes, basting with the hot liquid.
- Portion vanilla ice cream into 8 heat proof containers, large brandy glasses preferably.
- Portion the sauteed bananas onto the ice cream and pour some of the sauce on top.
- Serve immediately.
YOUR OWN NOTES