Hoisin Honey Barbecue Spareribs
- 1 rack pork spareribs
- 0.125 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 2 green onion, sliced
- 1.5 cups hoisin sauce
- 0.5 cup honey
- 0.333333 cup soy sauce
- 0.25 cup dry sherry
- 0.25 cup orange juice
- 0.25 cup sesame oil
- 0.25 cup curry powder
- 2 tablespoons Chinese chili sauce (Sambal Olek)
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons orange zest, minced
- 0.25 cup salted black beans, rinsed and chopped
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Store sauce in the refrigerator until needed.
- Rinse the pork spareribs and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub about one cup of the sauce all over the spareribs, cover it with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for at least one day (two days is even better).
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees and place the spareribs on a baking tray. Bake for 2-3 hours or until the meat is very tender when pierced with a fork.
- Turn the broiler on and begin the process of glazing the spareribs with the remaining sauce. Glazing is complete when the spareribs are lightly caramelized and charred. Be very careful at this point, as it will burn very easily.
- Once the spareribs are nicely glazed, remove from the broiler and let stand for a few minutes.
- Slice the spareribs and garnish with toasted sesame seeds and sliced green onions.