Kalua Pork Oven Style
- 5 pounds Pork Butt or Pork Shoulder
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons Hawaiian salt
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- Score the pork butt on all sides with a diamond pattern. The incisions should be no deeper than ¼ inch deep.
- Rub the pork butt with the liquid smoke and Hawaiian salt.
- Place the pork butt in a 9X13 pan lined with foil. Cover with foil and place in the oven.
- Cook for 8-10 hours or until fully cooked and easily shreds.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool until you can handle.
- Shred the pork. Adjust the seasoning and moisture of the kalua pork with salted water.