Local Ground Beef & Watercress
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 0.5 cup Onion, minced
- 1 pound Local Ground Beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 0.5 bunch fresh Watercress
- 0.25 cup soy sauce
- 1 package firm tofu, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- In a heavy duty pot, heat the vegetable oil on medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and cook until translucent.
- Add the ground beef, breaking it up into small pieces, and cook until browned. Season with garlic salt.
- Add ginger, sugar and fish sauce, and stir together.
- Add the watercress and allow it to wilt.
- Add the soy sauce and simmer for 3 minutes.
- If adding in tofu, stir in the tofu and allow to warm through.
- Adjust seasoning. Serve with hot rice.