Roy's Waikoloa's Paniolo BBQ Sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 5 fresh ripe tomatoes, diced
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger juice
- 2 lemongrass, finely chopped
- 0.5 cup red wine vinegar
- 0.5 cup lilikoi concentrate
- 0.25 cup brown sugar
- 4 smoked chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 0.5 cup green onions
- 12 fresh basil
- Heat both oils in a heavy bottom sauce pan on medium heat.
- Add garlic and shllots and caramelize until golden brown.
- After caramelizing is done, transfer all ingredients to a pot.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, ginger juice, lemongrass, red wine vinegar, lilikoi concentrate, brown sugar and chipotles to pot and simmer on low heat for approximately 1 hour or until 1/4 of the liquid is remaining.
- Stir often.
- Remove from heat and add the cilantro, green onions and basil.
- Using a blender, puree all ingredients together and season with salt and pepper to taste.