Roy's Wok Charred Vegetables with Tofu and Sesame Miso Sauce
- Miso Sauce
- 0.5 cup miso
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 0.5 cup mirin
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- Main ingredients
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 0.2 cup peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons organic garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon organic ginger, finely grated
- 1 cup snap peas, cut into 1" pieces
- 6 asparagus, cut into 2" pieces
- 2 cups organic mixed red, green and orange bell peppers, julienned
- 1 cup choi sum leaves and stems, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 cup Hamakua mushrooms, cut into 1' pieces
- 3 tablespoons garlic chives, roughly chopped
- 14 ounces organic firm Aloha tofu, drained well and broken into pieces
- In a bowl combine all of the miso sauce ingredients together and mix well.
- Set aside.
- Heat wok with sesame and peanut oil until smoking.
- Add garlic, ginger and all of the vegetables reserving the tofu until the end.
- Stir fry all vegetables for approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Add miso sauce and tofu.
- Combine quickly until coated well and serve.
- Garnish with black sesame seeds.