Arroz con Gandules (Gandule Rice)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 0.5 cup onion(diced 1/4 inch)
- 0.25 cup stuffed green olives
- 1 teaspoon ground annatto
- 1 package Sazon(Goya brand or similar)
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 0.5 cup cilantro leaves(chopped)
- 1 can 15 oz, gandules verdes(green pigeon peas with juice)
- Preheat an 8 quart thick gauge pot on medium high heat.
- Add in the vegetable oil, rice, white onion.
- Cook until the onions are translucent. Add in the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a very slow simmer.
- Cover and cook for 18 minutes or until rice is cooked.