Asian Style Meatloaf
- 2 cups bread crumbs or panko
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 thumb sized piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1.5 pounds ground beef, extra lean
- 1.5 pounds ground pork
- 0.25 pound diced portuguese sausage or lup cheong
- 1 large egg
- 0.25 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Colemans dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 0.25 cup BBQ Sauce
- 0.25 cup hoisin sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the ingredients for the meatloaf; mix together using your hands. Combine well.
- Transfer mixture to a pre greased 5-by-9-inch loaf pan or two small one pound pans.
- Stir together ingredients for glaze and blend until smooth; brush onto meat.
- Set pan on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reaches 160 degrees, about 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Let cool slightly.