Brie with Warm Pecan Brown Sugar Glaze
- 1 unit round of brie, approximately 14 oz.
- 0.5 cup golden brown sugar (packed)
- 0.25 cup unsalted butter (1/2 stick)
- 0.25 cup whipping cream
- 0.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 0.25 teaspoon Salt
- 0.5 cup toasted pecan halves (spiced pecans add nice complexity)
- Take the brie out of the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature.
- Heat a pot and combine the sugar, butter, cream, vanilla and salt.
- Allow it to come to a boil and cook until syrupy.
- Add in the pecans.
- Spoon the mixture over the room temperature brie.
- Serve with apple slices, crackers and bread.