- 0.25 cup hoisin
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1.5 tablespoons Chinese rice wine or dry sherry or sake
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1.5 pounds pork spare ribs, or butt, cut in to 2 inch strips
- Combine ingredients and mix.
- Marinate overnight.
- Place in a pre-heated oven at 400° and roast for 45 minutes, basting every 15 minutes with extra sauce.
- Broil for the last 15 minutes checking every 5 minutes. The pork should have nice charring on the edges of the pieces.