- 1 tablespoon agave syrup or 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1 juice from 1 lime
- 6 mint
- 1 mint
- 2 ounces white rum (measure with a jigger)
- 2 ounces club soda
- Place the mint leaves into a rocks glass (approximately six ounces) and squeeze the juice from a cut lime over it.
- Add the agave syrup, then mash the mint with the lime juice and syrup (use a muddler or the thick end of a wooden spoon.)
- Let the leaves break up so the oils from the leaves flavor the juice and syrup.
- Add crushed ice and then the rum. Stir for 30 seconds, and top off with the club soda. Garnish with a mint sprig.