- 8 ounces Ginger, crushed
- 5 pounds Chicken wings
- .5 cup Fish sauce (Patis)
- 3 pounds Long squash, peeled, seeded, medium dice (or sub daikon)
- 8 ounces Whole mushrooms, canned or fresh
- 2 tablespoons Canola oil
- Water (as needed)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Moringa leaves (optional)
- Bitter melon leaves(optional)
- Heat canola oil in a large pot.
- Add ginger and sauté for a minute.
- Add chicken wings and sear until the skin starts to brown.
- Add fish sauce and let it reduce for one minute.
- Add water until it reaches about 1/2" above the chicken. Bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Use a large spoon and skim any debris floating at the top.
- Add squash and simmer for another 15 minutes or until squash is cooked through.
- Add mushrooms and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.