Chilled Tomato Basil Soup
4whole ripe red tomatoes, about 4 oz. each, quartered
2 teaspoonsgarlic, minced, stem removed, and no inner green parts
1⁄4 cupolive oil
1 tablespoonfresh basil, thinly sliced
headerServing Suggestions: Crostini
1baguette or French bread, sliced 1/2" on a bias
1garlic clove, peeled
- Puree the tomatoes and garlic.
- Slowly add in the olive oil.
- Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate until very cold.
- Serve in a chilled bowl and garnish with the basil and shrimp.
- Lightly brush the bread slices with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Toast in the oven at 400° until lightly golden.
- When cool to touch, rub the slices with the garlic clove.