Crispy Skin Salmon with Soy Citrus Sauce
- 4 6 oz. salmon fillet, skin on, pin bones removed
- Salt as needed
- Pepper as needed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons good quality shoyu (soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- Take the salmon filet and dry them on a paper towel, season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a sauté pan to medium high heat. Add in the vegetable oil.
- Place the salmon in the pan skin side down. The pan should not be over crowded. If the filets won’t sit flat, then cook in batches.
- With the fish in the pan you should hear a light, easy sizzling sound. Leave the fish in the pan with the skin side down and cook for 6 minutes. When the flesh appears to be cooked ¾ way from the bottom up, flip the salmon and cook for 20 seconds.
- Remove and place on a platter skin side up. Drizzle with the shoyu, lemon and lime juice.