Fried Chicken Strips with Honey Mustard Sauce
- 2 pounds chicken breasts(boneless and skinless)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3.5 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3.5 tablespoons onion powder
- 1.5 teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 0.25 cup Best Food Mayonnaise
- 0.25 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 0.5 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cut chicken breast into strips.
- Season with salt & pepper and marinate in the buttermilk for at least 1 hour up to 24 hours.
- While chicken is marinating, make sauce by combining best food mayonnaise, yellow mustard, Dijon mustard, honey and lemon juice in a bowl and mix well. Set aside in fridge until ready to use.
- Combine the flour with the spices.
- Place the oil in a heavy gauge pan so the depth of oil is 1 ½-2 inches and there is 2-3 inches from the top of the oil to the top of the pan. Place on medium high heat.
- Take the chicken and dredge in the seasoned flour once to coat, then back into the buttermilk, and once more in the seasoned flour. The chicken should be nicely coated. Do this with all pieces.
- Test the oil. Drop a few specs of flour in the pan and they should sizzle nicely.
- When the oil is ready, carefully place the chicken pieces in the oil. There should be at least ½ inch of space between pieces of chicken. Let the piece cook golden brown, approx. 3 minutes. Turnover and repeat for 3 more minutes. The chicken is cooked when the meat, pierced by a fork, has juices that run clear.