Chinese Style Baked Fish
- 4 fish filets(1/4 pound filet, opah, monchong, salmon, swordfish or snapper)
- 4 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled, sliced into thin strips(divided use)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 tablespoons mirin
- 0.25 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 green onion stalks(sliced)
- 1 bunch Chinese parsley(chopped)
- 3 tablespoons shoyu
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit
- On a lightly oil-sprayed foil sheet, add ½ tablespoon of ginger. Season fish with garlic salt on all sides and place fish on top of the ginger. Add another ½ tablespoon of ginger on top of each piece of fish and drizzle 1 tablespoon of mirin, then wrap up foil to seal up the fish. Place in the oven.
- Bake fish for 10-12 minutes.
- Open the foil and sprinkle the fish with green onions, Chinese parsley, ginger and a drizzle of shoyu.
- In a small saucepan, heat both sesame and canola oil until oil begins to lightly smoke.
- Pour hot oil onto fish to sizzle the garnish and release all the flavor.
- Add more Chinese parsley and green onion as desired.