Grilled Lemongrass Pork Spareribs
1⁄2 cupgreen onions (white and pale green parts only), chopped
9 tablespoonslemongrass, chopped
6 tablespoonssoy sauce
3 tablespoonsgolden brown sugar
2 teaspoonsfish sauce
1 teaspoonground pepper
9 tablespoonsvegetable oil, divided
6 poundspork spare rib tips cut into 1-2" section
- Mix first 7 ingredients and 6 tablespoons oil in a pan.
- Add pork chops to marinade, turn several times to coat evenly, then crown together in single layer.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Prepare barbecue to medium-high heat.
- Brush grill rack with remaining 3 tablespoons oil.
- Grill pork with marinade still clinging to meat until slightly charred and cooked through, 4-5 minutes per side, depending on thickness.
- Transfer pork to cutting board.
- Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Place on a platter and garnish with a squeeze of lime juice, chopped basil and cilantro sprigs.