Grilled Lilikoi Chicken
- Grilled Chicken Preparation
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 0.5 cup green onions, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 4 pounds chicken breast and/or thighs with bone and skin
- Chili Pepper Lilikoi Sauce
- 1 can 12 oz. lilikoi concentrate
- 0.5 cup pineapple juice
- 0.25 cup Mae Ploy chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 0.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
Grilled Chicken Preparation
- Combine all above ingredients except chicken and mix well.
- Marinate chicken for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350° and set oven rack in the center of the oven, or prepare coal in hibachi. If using an oven, line a baking sheet or broiler pan with aluminum foil, then set broiling rack in place.
- Arrange chicken, skin side up, on the rack. Bake 15 minutes at 350°.
- Change oven to broiler setting. Broil chicken until skin starts to crisp and is caramelized, about 8-10 minutes. Turning is not necessary.
- Check to make sure the chicken is done, then remove from oven or grill.
- Brush the chicken with Chili Pepper Lilikoi Sauce and serve.
Chili Pepper Lilikoi Sauce
- On medium heat, combine all the ingredients except the cornstarch and water.
- Stir until combined and sauce starts to bubble.
- Blend cornstarch and water.
- Slowly pour cornstarch mixture into the sauce while stirring.
- Turn the heat down and simmer for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.