Hamakua Tomatoes with Basil and Creamy Soy-Garlic Dressing
- 0.5 cup lite mayonnaise
- 0.5 tablespoon shoyu
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 0.25 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 0.5 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 2 Hamakua Springs vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 1 drizzle of extra virgin olive oil as needed
- 5 fresh basil, torn
- Combine dressing ingredients together and whisk until smooth.
- Let the tomatoes come to room temperature.
- Slice them into 3/8’’ slices.
- Arrange them on a platter.
- Season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with the torn basil leaves.
- Drizzle with soy-garlic dressing.