Honey Garlic Chicken
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil(or the oil of your choice)
- 0.5 round onion(diced)
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs(cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 0.5 cup honey
- 0.5 cup shoyu
- 4 cloves Maika‘i whole peeled garlic(diced)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl add honey, shoyu and garlic. Stir until ingredients are well combined and set aside.
- Set a large skillet over medium high heat. Add oil and onions. Cook the onions until translucent and fragrant.
- Add chicken and season with salt & pepper and cook for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Pour the sauce into the skillet and continue the chicken has reached a safe internal temperature of at least 165F.
- Optional: Top chicken with sliced green onions and serve with sticky white rice.