Instant Pot Kalua Pig & Cabbage
- In a mixing bowl, add cubed pork butt, red Hawaiian salt and liquid smoke. Mix and marinate for 30 minutes.
- In Instant Pot, add water and trivet. Then, add pork in a flat layer.
- Pressure cook on high for 75 minutes. Release pressure.
- Remove pork from Instant Pot, add to a bowl and shred with two forks. Taste and season with more Hawaiian salt if necessary.
- Add cabbage in Instant Pot on trivet (leave in liquid from cooking pork). Cook for 1 minute on high pressure, release pressure immediately.
- In a pan, combine pork and cooked cabbage, stir and heat as desired.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with lomi tomato and serve.
Make more kalua pig (don’t mix in cabbage) and use it in kalua pig tacos, omelets, quesadillas or fried rice!