A delicious stuffing with flavors reminiscent of a classic Creole dish
- 0.5 unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 large green bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 pound hot Italian or andouille sausage, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1.5 pounds medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, minced
- 1 cup green onions, sliced
- 4 ounces extra lean smoked ham, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 large bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Creole Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 diced tomatoes, 28 oz. can
- 1 tomato sauce, 8 oz. can
- 3 cups turkey broth
- 1 diced stuffing bread, 13 oz. bag
- unit salt
- Add butter to a large nonstick saucepan.
- Over medium heat, sauté‚ onion, garlic, bell pepper and celery until onion is translucent.
- Add sausage and shrimp and sauté‚ for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add parsley, green onion, ham, bay leaf, cayenne pepper, Creole seasoning and oregano.
- cook jambalaya, stirring often, 5-6 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with juice, tomato sauce and 1 3/4 cup turkey broth.
- Gently simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Pour stuffing bread into the pan and stir well until the bread absorbs most of the liquid.
- Season to taste with cayenne pepper and salt.
- Place in the oven proof container and bake covered at 350° for 45 minutes.
YOUR OWN NOTES