Kim Chee Pancake (Kimchijeon)
- 1 cup chopped kim chee, approximately 3/4 inch
- 5 tablespoons kim chee juice
- 2 green onions, sliced 1 inch
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 0.5 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 0.5 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup potato starch
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a bowl, combine the ingredients except the oil and mix it with a spoon. (Just incorporate the ingredients, overworking will make it tough)
- Heat a 10 inch non-stick pan over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Place 1/3 of the kim chee mixture in the pan and spread it thinly and evenly in the pan.
- Cook it for about 1-2 minutes until the bottom gets golden brown and crispy.
- Using a wooden or rubber heat-proof spatula, turn over and cook until golden brown.
- Flip once more and cook again to further crisp for 1 minute. Repeat on the other side.
- Repeat with the last 2/3 of the mix.