Spicy Corn & Black Bean Salad
- 1 can black beans, 15.5 oz, drained
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 celery, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 5 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons mild picante sauce
- 0.25 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 0.25 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 0.25 teaspoon cumin
- freshly cracked pepper
- 3 fresh local corn ears
- Shuck and cook corn. Cut kernels from the cob.
- Combine beans, cheese, corn, green onion, celery and bell peppers in a large bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together well.
- Pour picante dressing on beans and corn mixture.
- Serve chilled and with additional picante sauce.