1 poundboneless shortribs or thin cut ribeye steaks, cut into 1 inch X 1/2 inch strips or
1 poundcooked kalua pork or chicken
12corn tortillas, 6 inch
1⁄4 cupNamasu and or prepared kimchi
headerKogi BBQ Sauce
2 tablespoonsKochu Jang (Red Pepper Paste)
2 tablespoonssoy sauce
1 teaspoonrice wine vinegar
1 teaspoonsesame oil
1 cupJapanese cucumbers sliced paper thin
4 tablespoonsrice vinegar
1⁄4 teaspoonfinely minced fresh chili pepper or a dash of cayenne
Kogi BBQ Sauce
- Whisk all ingredients together until sugar has dissolved and mixture is smooth.
- You can make this a few days in advance and store tightly covered in the refrigerator.
- Mix together all ingredients.
- The namasu is best made up to 1 hour before serving. If made earlier, the cucumbers will lose their crunch.
- Lightly heat the tortillas with steam, or between layers of damp cloths and microwave.
- If you are using the shortribs, quickly sear them in a hot pan and season with the kogi sauce.
- If using the pork or chicken, heat in the microwave and finish with sauce.
- Place a generous amount of meat in the warm tortilla and garnish with the namasu, or kimchee, or both. Serve immediately.
Optional Garnishes: Cilantro sprigs, Guacamole