Lemon Herb Broiled Chicken with Maui Onion Compote
- Chicken & Lemon Herb Marinade
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- Maui Onion Compote
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 4 ounces bacon, diced
- 3 large Maui onions, very thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons honey
Chicken & Lemon Herb Marinade
- Mix together all above marinade ingredients except chicken and salt and pepper.
- Add chicken and marinate for one hour.
- Preheat broiler.
- Drain marinade from chicken.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Broil for about 10 minutes, or until done, turning occasionally.
Maui Onion Compote
- Melt butter in a heavy-bottomed sauce pan on medium low heat.
- Add bacon and cook slowly until crispy.
- Remove bacon from pan and reserve.
- Add onions and garlic and reduce heat to low.
- Sauté until onions are completely wilted and translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add honey and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in bacon.
- Serve with Lemon Herb Broiled Chicken.