Local Style "Lup Chong Fried Rice" Musubi
- 8 cups Cooked white rice
- 1 package Lup chong
- 1/2 cup Onion
- 1/2 cup Green onion
- 3 tablespoons Furikake
- Start with cooking your rice and make sure the rice isn’t dry as it will be difficult to form your Musubi. Freshly cooked rice is the best.
- Mince your Lup Chong as fine as you can. If you have a food processor, pulse the Lup Chong until it's very fine.
- Mince your onion and cut your green onions. Set to the side for later use.
- In a non-stick pan, place your minced Lup Chong and sauté until the oils start to come out. Once you see the oil, add your onions and cook until translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Take off the heat and add the furikake and green onions. Mix well to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Quickly add the mixture to the hot rice and mix to incorporate. Place into a musubi mold (Triangle or Traditional)
- If you want to wrap your musubi with nori you can omit the furikake in the mixture.