Macadamia Pesto Sun-dried Tomato Torte
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 ounces blue cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 0.5 cup fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- 0.5 cup fresh basil leaves
- 0.25 cup chopped roasted, unsalted macadamia nuts
- 0.25 cup olive oil
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 0.25 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, patted dry
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and blue cheese together until smooth. Set aside.
- Combine the spinach, parsley, basil, and garlic in the bowl of a food processor. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil through the feed tube and process until smooth. Add in the nuts and cheese and process again until combined into pesto. Set aside.
- Line a 5 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving the extra hanging over the sides.
- Spread one third of the cheese mixture evenly over the bottom of the pan. Then spread half the pesto over the cheese and layer on half the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Repeat each layer again and finish with the remaining third of the cheese.
- Cover with the overhanging plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- To serve, bring to room temperature, then invert onto a platter and place one fresh basil leaf on top.
- Serve with crackers, lavosh or bread.