- 2 packages Frozen Coconut Milk (defrosted)(12 oz bag)
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 drop lemon extract
- 3 cups water
- 0.5 cup cornstarch
- In a sauce pot combine defrosted coconut milk, sugar, lemon extract and 2 cups water.
- Place on stove and cook on medium heat.
- In a small bowl combine cornstarch and 1 cup warm water to make a slurry.
- When the coconut mixture comes to a boil, stir slurry in briskly.
- Reduce to med-low heat. Cook for 3 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and pour into pan.
- Immediately cover with plastic wrap. Make sure it is touching the haupia completely.
- Refrigerate at least 3-4 hours - overnight is best.
- Cut into 2” squares. Arrange on platter. Garnish with Toasted Coconut, Fresh Fruit and enjoy.